I’ve been looking for flavorful ways to eat simply yet create memorable dishes. In my search I flipped back through some of my binders of magazine pages and recipe cards I’ve squirreled away over the years. I have fond memories of using this spice rub on chicken, tossing it on the grill and enjoying a fruit filled vodka concoction while prepping a refreshing salad of greens and vine ripened tomatoes from Papa-in-laws garden.
This recipe is a bold, spicy and easy to throw together addition to any building collection of go-to meals. Consider doubling or tripling the rub ingredients to have extra rub already mixed for a quick, flavorful addition to shrimp, chicken or steak.
This time I chose to bake the catfish in the oven but you could broil, or grill the fish as well.
• 1 Tablespoons Paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
• 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
• 4 6-ounce Catfish Fillets
• 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine all the spices in a small bowl.
3. Drizzle catfish fillets with olive oil.
4. Generously sprinkle spice rub over catfish. Using your hands, rub the spices over both sides of the fillet and place in a baking dish.
5. Cook in preheated oven 8-10 minutes, until fish is cooked through and flaky.
6. Serve immediately.