With the cold weather coming in I am drawn back to baking comforting, fall flavors in breads and treats and anytime I can stir in the sweet, tartness of cranberries I get giddy at the final result. So I present to you a warm delectable that is made perfectly for morning snacking with a cozy cup of cappuccino.
*For an added bonus~I baked them in a mini loaf pan so they come out sized for gifting to your gracious hosts for any upcoming seasonal gatherings.
Cranberry Zucchini Bread
~Makes 8 mini loaves
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a mini loaf pan, set aside.
- Whisk together the flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and sugars.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and stir in the eggs, oil and vanilla until well combined. Fold in the orange zest, zucchini, cranberries and walnuts until incorporated.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pan and bake until loaves are slightly browned on top and a toothpick tester inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Allow loaves to cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.